Feeding America West Michigan will be closed Monday September 1 in observance of Labor Day. We will reopen for business at 10 am on Tuesday September 2.
Mondays: 10 am – 4 pm (transactions must be completed by 3:45 pm)
Tuesdays thru Fridays: 9 am – 4 pm (transactions must be completed by 3:45 pm)
Closures due to weather will be listed on www.wzzm13.com by 7:15 am, under Feeding America West Michigan
Need help with our new online ordering system? Start with a 1 page explanation here or our video tutorials here. You can also find more tips & tricks here and answers to frequently asked questions here. Instructions on submitting household counts (for grocery programs taking USDA) are here.
Comstock Park call schedule
Monday August 25 – Nancy U – 616-389-6358 or Nancy W – 616-432-6962
Tuesday August 26 – Elianna – 616-389-6349 or Nancy W – 616-432-6962
Wednesday August 27 – Nancy U – 616-389-6358 or Elianna – 616-389-6349
Thursday August 28 – Jude – 616-389-6362 or Elianna – 616-389-6349
Friday August 29 – Jude – 616-389-6362 or Nancy U – 616-389-6358
As of 9 am Tuesday morning (8/26), we have 124 cases of bananas available in Comstock Park. They are still slightly green but will need to move quickly! Order today (Tuesday August 26) or tomorrow (Wednesday August 27) for pickup by Thursday (August 28) – or if you missed them on your pre-scheduled order, simply request an add-on when you arrive.
If your program is serving children’s snacks, you might want to think about a nice little combination we’ve got in stock right now: Dunk A Roos and butter cream frosting. The Dunk A Roos have been repacked into 2 pound bags, and the frosting comes in a 30 pound pail. If you’re going to be serving 480 snacks over the course of a week, you should be able to cover that for only $27.68 in handling fees on 10 cases of the repacked Dunk A Roos and a single bucket of frosting.
If you’re going to search by name on PWW, just type in the search terms “dunk” and “butter” (separately).
The Food Bank’s inventory is chock full of eggs! We’ve got white eggs and brown eggs, small eggs and medium eggs – and we’d love for you to order some today! (We’re expecting 8 more skids on Friday, so if you won’t be here ’til next week, feel free to wait for those instead.)
Find them on the online ordering system, PWW, by searching for “egg” – watch out for the fried patties (or get some of those, too) and keep in mind these are fresh shell eggs that need to be handled gently. Help us move them out quickly!
As mentioned previously, we are updating the USDA sign in form to include a checkmark column for clients to indicate if it is the first time they have gone to a pantry handling USDA in that calendar month. The revised forms have just been approved by MDE, so you can start using whichever orientation you prefer in July. At the beginning of August, you’ll count the number of checkmarks and provide the “Unduplicated” number of households.
- Horizontal form is here
- Vertical form is here
- Start using them in July for reporting in August
- In addition to the duplicated numbers you have already started report, the Michigan Department of Education wants an unduplicated count, so please fill in both of the “categories” blanks on the PWW “Statistics” tab. In case you’re wondering, duplicated is every time someone signs in, whereas unduplicated is the number of individual families served – the ones who made multiple visits are the ones that boost the duplicated numbers.
- How we measure the unduplicated count is through adding a checkbox, which asks “Is this the first time you received commodities this month?” You may want to narrate this for your clients as “have you been to a pantry using this form yet this month?”
Required: grocery programs like pantries and mobile pantries that distribute USDA commodities
Exempt: congregate meals – programs operated by group homes, soup kitchens, and shelters
UPDATE 8/18/2014 – now includes instructions for reporting unduplicated households.
- Log on to PWW – www.feedingamericawestmichigan.org/agencies/pww
- Go to the “Statistics” tab
- Underneath previous statistics, click on the “Enter Statistics” button
- On the top portion of the “Enter Statistic” frame, click on the calendar icon and enter the last date of the previous calendar month (7/31/2014).
- On the bottom portion of the screen (under the “Category” header), fill in the “Number of Households, Duplicated” – give the total number of families that you served (that signed in at all) during the month of July.
- Fill in the “Number of Households, Unduplicated” – give the number of families that checked the last column on our new form in July (new form is available in horizontal and vertical formats). If you haven’t started using this form yet, please start now!
- Click “Submit Statistics”.
If you do not want to participate in this monthly reporting requirement and you are a grocery program that distributes USDA commodities, click here to submit a form declining future USDA product.