Mondays: 10 am – 4 pm (transactions must be completed by 3:45 pm)
Tuesdays thru Fridays: 9 am – 4 pm (transactions must be completed by 3:45 pm)
Closures due to weather will be listed on www.wzzm13.com by 7:15 am, under Feeding America West Michigan
Need help with our new online ordering system? Start with a 1 page explanation here or our video tutorials here. You can also find more tips & tricks here and answers to frequently asked questions here. Instructions on submitting household counts (for grocery programs taking USDA) are here.
Comstock Park call schedule
Monday July 14 – Elianna – 616-389-6349
Tuesday July 15 – Elianna – 616-389-6349
Wednesday July 16 – Nancy W – 616-432-6962
Thursday July 17 – Jude - 616-389-6362
Friday July 18 – Nancy U – 616-389-6358
As mentioned previously, we are updating the USDA sign in form to include a checkmark column for clients to indicate if it is the first time they have gone to a pantry handling USDA in that calendar month. The revised forms have just been approved by MDE, so you can start using whichever orientation you prefer in July. At the beginning of August, you’ll count the number of checkmarks and provide the “Unduplicated” number of households.
- Horizontal form is here
- Vertical form is here
- Start using them in July for reporting in August
- In addition to the duplicated numbers you have already started report, the Michigan Department of Education wants an unduplicated count, so please fill in both of the “categories” blanks on the PWW “Statistics” tab. In case you’re wondering, duplicated is every time someone signs in, whereas unduplicated is the number of individual families served – the ones who made multiple visits are the ones that boost the duplicated numbers.
- How we measure the unduplicated count is through adding a checkbox, which asks “Is this the first time you received commodities this month?” You may want to narrate this for your clients as “have you been to a pantry using this form yet this month?”
Required: grocery programs like pantries and mobile pantries that distribute USDA commodities
Exempt: congregate meals – programs operated by group homes, soup kitchens, and shelters
- Log on to PWW – www.feedingamericawestmichigan.org/agencies/pww
- Go to the new “Statistics” tab
- Underneath previous statistics, click on the “Enter Statistics” button
- On the top portion of the “Enter Statistic” frame, click on the calendar icon and enter the last date of the previous calendar month (for this first time, 4/30/2014). You can skip the next four prompts (meals, people, males, females).
- On the bottom portion of the screen (under the “Category” header), enter the “Number of Households”– for now, you’ll choose the Duplicated version, which as described is the number of lines that have been filled out on your USDA sign in form over the entire previous calendar month (for this first time, 4/1/2014-4/30/2014).
- Click “Submit Statistics”.
Please note for future reference: later this summer we will be updating the USDA sign in form to include a checkmark column for clients to indicate if it is the first time they have gone to a pantry handling USDA in that calendar month. At that point, you’ll count the number of checkmarks and provide the “Unduplicated” number of households instead.
If you do not want to participate in this monthly reporting requirement and you are a grocery program that distributes USDA commodities, click here to submit a form declining future USDA product.
Category 1: Basic Site Navigation
Q. How do I log in?
A. Your five digit agency number is your Agency Ref AND your Username (with some exceptions in the Upper Peninsula). Your password should be the same as for the POL, but this new system is case-sensitive while the old one was not. You may need to try lower case instead of upper, or vice versa.
Q. What do I with the pop up asking me to sign for (enter my PIN for) an order?
A. For right now, go ahead and click cancel. You’ll start using this feature later this summer when we phase out printed invoices.
Q. I clicked on order entry. Why can’t I see the product list?
A. The new system asks you to choose when and where you will get your product before you select the product itself. This is a reversal from the old system.
Q. How can I just look at the product list?
A. We’ve just turned on the “view list from main screen” function. On the Home page, directly under Order Entry, you can click on a “Print Shopping List” button. It will open a PDF. You cannot order from it.
Q. Where can I find my monthly statements?
A. Click on the MyDocs tab. We’ll be loading your statements there.
Category 2: System Configuration
Q. How early can I start an order?
A. The computer is set to accept orders as early as 10 business days (2 weeks) before pick up.
Q. How late can I submit my order?
A. The computer is set to accept orders as late as noon on the business day before pickup.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are placing an order for a depot, we still need those orders by noon on the day that is 2 business days before the depot, but the computer can’t require it – we need your help to get it right.
Q. How long can I take to submit my order?
A. Unsubmitted orders stay in the system for 72 hours – at that limit, they will be automatically erased.
PLEASE NOTE: If an unsubmitted order is still in the system at the time it is due, we may contact you to see if you still want that order. At that time, we can review or delete it, or you can choose a later pickup.
If you’re about to use our new Primarius Web Window (PWW) ordering system for the first time, you may want to read a one page explanation here or watch our series of three video tutorials below before getting started.
UPDATE, APRIL 24: Some of you have mentioned that you’re having trouble navigating the list without the headers that came with each change in product type on the POL. Those product types are now identified on each line in the “type” column immediately to the left of the category column. In addition, you can follow the process described in the “Starting an Order on PWW” video for identifying or excluding purchased product to select specific product types (like cereal, meat, pasta, etc).
As previously announced, we will soon be implementing a monthly reporting requirement for those agencies distributing USDA commodities to their clients. We have since received updated information that clarifies which USDA agencies will be required to report on the number of households served:
Only grocery programs, like pantries and mobile pantries, will be required to report on a monthly basis, using their USDA sign in form to determine the number of households.
Congregegate meals – group homes, soup kitchens, and shelters – are exempt from this reporting requirement just as they are exempt from using the USDA sign in form.
The projected timeline remains the same as originally announced. In addition, you will receive step-by-step instructions on how to submit your reports on Wednesday, April 30, so please hold any questions on that topic until then. For all other questions, please follow the contact order provided with the general PWW rollout.